CBS 12 News has approached us again but this time about burning iPods. Our iPhone repair services have not run into one of this situations but we were more than happy to shed some light on the matter.
The typical cause of this rare occurrence can be traced back to a faulty dock connector or a bad battery. During the time of the interview we had not actually seen the broken iPod touch. After seeing the pics though, we think the iPod may have been wet.
Regardless, it was also reported that a man’s pants pocket caught on fire with his iPhone. Again, this is likely because of the battery. If you notice your device overheating, it is advised that you let it cool down before you and proceed with caution. If your iPhone or related device catches fire, it’s probably worthless. Regardless, check out the report.