Here’s the scenario: Beautiful day, sun is shining, the weather is great. Friends and family are over for a nice BBQ by the pool. Your buddy decides to shove you into the pool as a prank. You laugh until you realize…Ahhhh, your iPhone is in your pocket! You immediately jump out and begin to panic.
WHAT DO YOU DO?!
Here’s a little breakdown of the game-plan; EXACTLY what you should do. Remember, time is of the essence.
- If the phone is ON, TURN IT OFF! Just do it. Water and electricity have never been too fond of each other, so give them some time apart.
- DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON!
- Remove any case that you may have on it and remove the SIM card.
- Dry it with a towel, and shake out excess water.
- Place phone in a bag of silica gel beads, available at most hardware stores. If you don’t have any silica gel on hand, you can put it in dry rice while you go to the store.
- Visit our website and select the appropriate iPhone Water Damage Repair service for your generation of iPhone.
You may be saying, well, if I put the iPhone in a bag of silica, and it sucked up all the water, what is the point of sending it in for water damage repair?
When water gets inside a smartphone, even the tiniest amount, corrosion builds up…and quick. We have seen phones with the insides covered in corrosion in less than 24 hours after water exposure.
Our process cleans any kind of corrosion or oils that may have built up on the circuit board after it was introduced to water. Without a proper check and cleaning, your phone may work after drying out, but you may lose features one by one in the following days or weeks. Corrosion grows a bit like rust, where it spreads sometimes quickly and sometimes slowly.
If you bring a water damaged phone into Apple, they will gladly exchange it for you…for a steep price. With the exchange, you’ll lose all of your data, and the replacement they give you is a refurbished model, not a new one.
Don’t go through that hassle. Follow the steps and then send it off to iFixYouri as soon as possible. Remember…
- Turn it OFF
- Place it in a bag of silica gel or rice
- Select your generation of iPhone on this page: iPhone Water Damage Repair
- We’ll fix it, test it, and ship it right back!
We are able to revive iPhones from water damage with a high success rate. Included in the water damage repair process is the replacement of any parts that may have been damaged in the spill.