This post is about iPhone water damage repair. Here’s the scenario….
Beautiful day out, sun is shining, the weather is great. Friends and family are over bbq’n by the pool. You decide to join the fun and jump in the pool when you realize, ahhhh, my iPhone is in my pocket! You immediately jump out at the speed of lightning and panic!
WHAT DO YOU DO?!
We’re going to give you a little break-down here of EXACTLY what you should do. If you ever needed to repair a water damaged iphone, this is hands down the most successful way to do so.
1) If the phone is ON, TURN IT OFF! No questions asked. Just do it. Water and electronics have never been too fond of each other, and the way it seems now, they never will be.
2) DO NOT TURN IT ON!
3) Now that we’ve gotten those two major steps out of the way, we can move forward. Remove any case that you may have on it and remove the SIM card.
4) Dry it with a towel, shake out excess water, don’t kill yourself over shaking it, just do your best and don’t spend hours doing it.
5) Place phone in a bag of dry rice immediately after. If you have silica packs, those work wonders and work WAY better than rice.
6) Once you’ve got that part out of the way, log onto our website and select our iPhone 3G Water Damage Repair or iPhone 3Gs Water Damage Repair.
You may be saying, well, if i put the iphone in a bag of rice, and it sucked up all the water, what is the point of sending it in for water damage repair?
We’ll go ahead and break that down for you so you get a good understanding of what is going on.
When a water inside an iphone sits, corrosion builds up, quick. We have seen motherboards covered in corrosion in less than 24 hours. It all depends on what type of water it fell into, salt water, pool water, fresh water, liqour, etc.
Our process cleans any kind of corrosion or oils that may have built up on the circuit board after it was introduced to water. If you don’t go through with a proper fix for water damage, your phone may work after drying out, but you may lose features one by one, as time goes by. Corrosion grows a bit like rust, where it spreads, sometimes quickly, and sometimes slowly.
The iPhone has 4 water damage indicators.
- Down inside the headphone jack
- Inside the dock connector(where you plug your phone in)
- 2 on the motherboard/logic board
When water makes contact with any of these sensors, they turn red.
If you bring a water damaged phone into Apple, they will gladly exchange it for you…for the price of $199. With the exchange, you lose your data, and they give you a refurbished replacement iPhone, not even a new one.
Keep in mind though that time is of the essence in fixing water damage. Remember…
- Turn it OFF
- Place it in a bag of rice/silica packs
- Select the iPhone 3G Water damage repair or iPhone 3Gs water damage repair
- We’ll receive it, fix it, and ship it back!
We are able to revive iPhones from water damage an astonishing 90% of the time. Included in the water damage repair process is the replacement of any parts that may have been damaged in the spill.