iPhone Water Damage Repair Steps
A majority of the time your water damaged phone can be repaired. From ocean water to the washing machine, from a mild spill to complete submersion, it really does not matter. We have refined and perfected the process of water damage repair for your broken iPhone. 90% of the time, we can repair your phone to a fully functioning iPhone that has that out of the box, like-new functionality. iFixYouri is the industry leader in water damage repair
iPhone water damage is one of the most common iPhone repair types we see. It is also one of the most deadly to iPhones if you allow corrosion. As the video shows, it is imperative to remove the iPhone out of the water ASAP. Once the iPhone is out of the water, you want to make sure it is powered off.
If you get a white pinwheel on the screen and it won’t turn of, you hold down the power button and home button until it turns off. In the video we failed to record it powering back on after we powered it off. We simply repeated the ‘power off process’ and moved on to the next important step; remove the SIM card.
Once the SIM card is removed you want to put the iPhone in an uncooked bag of rice. Tighten the bag so all extra air is gone and seal it.
If you follow the above above steps and mail the water damaged iPhone we can fix it as good as new. If you decide you want to see if it works for yourself, wait 48 to 76 hours after the water exposure and then try it out. If you find at that time it is not functioning properly as a result of the iPhone water damage put back in the rice and mail to us.
iPhone Water Damage Video
If you still need professional help, we do provide these services for anywhere in the country.
Select the water damage repair service you need:
This post is about iPhone water damage repair. Here’s the scenario….
Beautiful day out, sun is shining, the weather is great. Friends and family are over bbq’n by the pool. You decide to join the fun and jump in the pool when you realize, ahhhh, my iPhone is in my pocket! You immediately jump out at the speed of lightning and panic!
WHAT DO YOU DO?!
We’re going to give you a little break-down here of EXACTLY what you should do. If you ever needed to repair a water damaged iphone, this is hands down the most successful way to do so.
1) If the phone is ON, TURN IT OFF! No questions asked. Just do it. Water and electronics have never been too fond of each other, and the way it seems now, they never will be.
2) DO NOT TURN IT ON!
3) Now that we’ve gotten those two major steps out of the way, we can move forward. Remove any case that you may have on it and remove the SIM card.
4) Dry it with a towel, shake out excess water, don’t kill yourself over shaking it, just do your best and don’t spend hours doing it.
5) Place phone in a bag of dry rice immediately after. If you have silica packs, those work wonders and work WAY better than rice.
6) Once you’ve got that part out of the way, log onto our website and select our iPhone 3G Water Damage Repair or iPhone 3Gs Water Damage Repair.
You may be saying, well, if i put the iphone in a bag of rice, and it sucked up all the water, what is the point of sending it in for water damage repair?
We’ll go ahead and break that down for you so you get a good understanding of what is going on.
When a water inside an iphone sits, corrosion builds up, quick. We have seen motherboards covered in corrosion in less than 24 hours. It all depends on what type of water it fell into, salt water, pool water, fresh water, liqour, etc.
Our process cleans any kind of corrosion or oils that may have built up on the circuit board after it was introduced to water. If you don’t go through with a proper fix for water damage, your phone may work after drying out, but you may lose features one by one, as time goes by. Corrosion grows a bit like rust, where it spreads, sometimes quickly, and sometimes slowly.
The iPhone has 4 water damage indicators.
- Down inside the headphone jack
- Inside the dock connector(where you plug your phone in)
- 2 on the motherboard/logic board
When water makes contact with any of these sensors, they turn red.
If you bring a water damaged phone into Apple, they will gladly exchange it for you…for the price of $199. With the exchange, you lose your data, and they give you a refurbished replacement iPhone, not even a new one.
Keep in mind though that time is of the essence in fixing water damage. Remember…
- Turn it OFF
- Place it in a bag of rice/silica packs
- Select the iPhone 3G Water damage repair or iPhone 3Gs water damage repair
- We’ll receive it, fix it, and ship it back!
We are able to revive iPhones from water damage an astonishing 90% of the time. Included in the water damage repair process is the replacement of any parts that may have been damaged in the spill.
The answer is yes. 90% of the time we are able to fix your iPhone back to its’ original state, with all your data still on there.
You may think to yourself, “Really? I don’t believe it. I thought that if electronics get wet, they’re done for.”
In some cases yes, this is true. In a lot of cases, it is not so true. Here’s what happens:
You pull your iPhone out of your pocket and when you pull it out, it slips out of your hand, landing in a toilet, puddle, port-o-potty, something that’s wet.
You take it, blow dry it, pray it is gonna work, and voila after a couple days of drying, it’s working, somewhat, but a lot of features are acting all weird. As days go on, it kinda still works and then starts to die on you.
What is happening here is that with water and electronics, comes corrosion. The corrosion starts to build up components like the logic board, dock connector, home button, camera, battery, etc. When this corrosion takes over, the iPhone slowly dies until the corrosion is so bad, there is no hope. But wait…at last there is!
With our proven process, time and time again, we can remove all the corrosion, and leave it running like new(90% of the time). That’s a pretty good percentage seeing as how the nearly all of the 10% of failures are when capacitors and resistors actually short out on the board itself. This is generally caused when the user tries to turn it on when it’s still wet, charge when wet, or the onset of corrosion is so extreme and power to the iPhone causes a short somewhere.
Okay…well now you may be wondering, “well what am I supposed to do then if i get it wet?”
1) Place the entire iPhone in a bag of unsealed DRY rice. Why rice? Rice acts like a sponge and helps soak up any kind of liquid that may be on the inside of the iPhone. Let it sit in the bag a few days.
2) Get our Water Damage repair for the 3G or 3Gs and ship us the iPhone asap. The sooner we get it, the better chance you have of having a fully restored iPhone with NO corrosion. Our process takes 24-72 hours depending on the severity.
If you have any questions or want more information, let us know!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
For more information about iPhone repair check out our homepage at www.iFixyouri.com.