Living in South Florida, as some of us here at iFixYouri.com do, is a pretty easy lifestyle when compared to the rest of the country. The beaches, the great year-round weather, and the convenience of shops and malls makes areas such as Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami international travel destinations. Furthermore, iPhone usage is high in the South Florida area, and it only makes sense for people to use apps that are useful in their daily lives. So, if you live in Florida, or are planning on visiting, here are some of the top iPhone apps for life in the Sunshine State.
New Times (Miami or Broward/Palm Beach) – New Times is a long-running publication that has articles and features on the hot spots and new events in the area.
App features include:
– Broward Palm Beach New Times’ award-winning events and concert calendar, searchable by date, artist, neighborhood, venue or genre.
– Access to Broward Palm Beach New Times’ daily blogs for up-to-the-minute news on Broward politics, music, food and arts.
– Last night’s concert and nightlife reviews. See what you missed–and find out what you don’t want to miss tonight.
– Hundreds of event and concert listings every day, with Editors’ Picks of the best things going on in Broward.
– Broward’ most comprehensive restaurant listings, searchable by cuisine type and neighborhood, with reviews by Broward Palm Beach New Times’ award-winning writers.
– Slideshows of Broward nightlife, concerts and events from Broward’s best party photographers.
– Access to Voice Daily Deals for savings and great deals in Broward.
Duffy’s MVP – Beloved South Florida burger joint and sports bar Duffy’s has a fantastic app for locating your nearest Duffy’s, the menu, and it even has a login for Duffy’s MVP members, which allows you to track your Duffy’s points in order to get free stuff. If you live in the Palm Beach, Broward, or Dade County area and you’re a burger lover, this one is a must-have.
Yachting Weather – Most people in Florida are avid boaters or fishers. This app allows you to receive precise sea weather predictions in a 3-day rythm – or with an update to “Yachting Weather PRO”- in a 5-day rythm.You receive the seaweather predictions according to your current GEO location which is either found by GPS, a single click on the map tool or by manual input. Whether you are on a sailing boat, a motor yacht or doing other water sport activities, with the numerous options you can configure “Yachting Weather” exactly on your needs. Available free or pro version.
Hurricane Tracker – Complete tracking maps, everything from the NHC, exhaustive invest (Tropical Wave) info, NOAA Weather Radio, forecaster Audio/Video updates, real time feed (as it’s happening) & detailed Push Alerts for: New storms, TS/Hurricane warnings & other changes. Storm history, checklists, over 65 images & animated maps and much more. Essential during hurricane season.
Ultimate College Football – Who in South Florida isn’t college football crazy? Between alumni of the Florida Gators, the Florida State Seminoles, the Miami Hurricanes, and recent upstarts like USF, UCF, and FAU, the conversation of your team during football season is not far off. Know your stats like a pro with this great app for stats, schedules, and much more.