iPhone 6s Home button repair is moderately challenging. The screen must be removed and several components and cables must be disconnected. Doing this repair will remove functionality of the Touch ID, and I may repeat that.
Keep in mind that a replacement home button will eliminate the ability to use Touch ID.
Recommended: Magnetic mat, screw capsules
- iPhone 6s Home Button Assembly [BUY NOW]
General Repair Guidelines:
- Always use good lighting – smart device components are small and you’ll need plenty of light to see what you are
- Maintain a clean, organized workspace so you don’t lose or confuse any components.
- Group your screws so you can keep track of where they came from. Most screws can not be interchanged.
iPhone 6s Home Button Replacement Steps
Remove the Screen
- A flex cable near the top of the phone is connected to the body, so open the screen carefully like a
Undo the Flex Cables
- Disconnect display cable flex using a plastic spudger. Plastic spudgers, rather than metal spudgers, should always be used for removing items on the inside of the phone.
Remove the iPhone 6s Home Button
For further help visit the following links:
iPhone 6s repair by iFixYouri Smart Device Repair
iPhone 6s replacement parts for a DIY repair