iPhone 6s Plus Home button replacement is moderately challenging. The screen must be removed and several components and cables must be disconnected. You will note be able to use Touch ID after this repair – a note worth repeating.
Keep in mind that a home button replacement will eliminate the ability to use Touch ID.
Recommended: Magnetic mat, screw capsules
- iPhone 6s Plus Plus Home Button Assembly [BUY NOW]
General Repair Guidelines:
- To reduce losing and confusing things, keep your workplace clean and organized.
- Most screws cannot be interchanged. Group or strategically place your screws (in screw capsules) so you can track them.
- Work in a well-lit space – smart device components are tiny. You’ll thank yourself for good lighting.
iPhone 6s Plus Home Button Repair Steps
Remove the Screen
- Unscrew the pentalobe screws on both sides of the lightning port on the bottom of the iPhone.
- Using the metal spudger, pry the screen away from the body, starting at the bottom edge of the phone.
- A flex cable near the top of the phone connects the screen and body, so open it carefully like a notepad.
Undo the Flex Cables
- Unscrew the silver rectangular shield near the bottom right of the battery. This shield covers the battery cable, which should be disconnected for practically every repair.
- Disconnect the display flex cable using a plastic spudger. Plastic spudgers, rather than metal spudgers, should always be used for removing items on the inside of the phone.
Remove the Home Button
- Unscrew the two screws which hold down the home button bracket.
- Use a spudger to disconnect the home button connector.
- Push up slowly on home button from the front. Use your spudger to assist in loosening the rubber gasket that holds the button on the screen.
- Nice work! You have removed the home button on the iPhone 6s Plus.
For further help visit the following links:
iPhone 6s Plus repair by iFixYouri Smart Device Repair
iPhone 6s Plus Parts for a DIY repair